Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Quiet Waters

It’s been a little heavy the last few days so I thought we’d just get back to nature for a moment. As I mentioned before the weekend, I was going camping in the mountains. One of the things I love about the mountains is the opportunity to be near mountain streams. I’m kind of a water person anyhow, but the sound of running water, either rushing or gentle, truly warms my heart and quite literally washes the depths of my weary soul. Water is, at least to me, God’s background music. That about sums it up. The writer of “A River Runs Through It” closed the story with the words, “I have always been haunted by waters,” and that is just about how I feel as well. I hope you are able to discover the cleansing waters you seek in your own life.

Quiet Waters
No matter what my worries are
Or how large my problems seem
I feel them melt away beside
A gentle mountain stream
Where the quiet waters calm my heart
And wash away the sand
Which has built up in the eddies
Of my soul, more than I planned
The music of the mountain stream
Unclogs my weary ears
Massaging tired muscles
As it dissolves my doubts and fears
It consoles me in my sorrow
And it washes pure my thought
Cascading through the depths of me
In a cool, refreshing draught
When I am overwhelmed by noise and strife
And the anxious world of men
Quiet waters will restore my soul
And cleanse my heart again
By Frank Carpenter ©

0 comments: