Ads 468x60px

Friday, May 07, 2004

Lighthouse


In this world of darkness our hope, as believers, is that we can somehow help to shed a little light and point the way towards God. Especially as a sailor, I have always appreciated the metaphor of a lighthouse. There is something special about a beacon which shines out across stormy or foggy seas and offers hope to those who may be lost, warning travelers of dangers near at hand and helping to guide them to safety. That is exactly what we are to be in this foggy, storm-tossed world. To that end, it’s my hope that this web site, and my writings, have served as a lighthouse to you. It would be a great encouragement if you’d let me know I’m reaching you and what your response is, especially if I haven’t spoken to you already. You can click on the email link to the left or simply reach me at frank@4-speed.com. May we all be lighthouses in the lives of others. Shine your light today.

Lighthouse
Lord, may I be Your lighthouse
May my life, Your beacon be
That I might shine the light of hope
Across the storm tossed sea
To those in need of comfort
In their hour of distress
And turn them from the rocky shore
To the harbors of Your rest
By Frank Carpenter ©

0 comments: