Ads 468x60px

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Beauty


Since I am definitely a proud new grandfather and currently visiting the newest addition to our family, it seems appropriate to offer another poem on my new favorite subject. Over the years, I have written a great deal about the beauty of nature and the wonders of creation. Well, this little one never ceases to amaze me with her funny faces, noises, and antics. Yes, I am biased and duly enamored. However, this little person really is a true wonder of creation to us. There is a beauty and innocence in her that seems to have eroded from the heart of cynical old men like me over the years. Now I find that my perspective on everything has been refreshed and renewed. And from that new perspective I offer the following poem, with a wish that you may look afresh upon the world as I now do.

Beauty
As I observe my granddaughter
Sleeping in a blanket warm
I know that I have now seen beauty
In its most perfect form
A beauty uncorrupted
By the wiles of this world
Unscathed by fashion’s fetters
Or harsh words from other girls
She is as God intended
At peace and innocent
No worries for the coming days
No hint of discontent
This cherub, only two weeks old
Swaddled in her blanket warm
Assures me I have now seen beauty
In its most perfect form
Frank Carpenter ©

0 comments: