Ads 468x60px

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Travel Log Costa Rica


To my regular readers, I appologize for the communication gap as I've been out of the country temporarily and had trouble getting on the internet. Actually, I've been in Costa Rica, as I still am, and have seen an amazing cross section of the biodiversity in that country from the rain forest to the coastal plains. This is a beautiful place and the people we have come in contact with are some of the friendliest and most gracious I have ever had the pleasure to meet. It's always interesting to explore new places and I never cease to be amazed by the wonders of creation. Another thought-provoking aspect of my travel has been to experience how different parts of life interact. One thing in other countries that we often miss in the US is the dichotomy of classes. You can hide away in the most beautiful resort, but the poverty of the third world often exists a few hundred feet away ... or just over a fence. It makes one wonder about how we all fit together in the big, wide world. It's also interesting to observe how nature and man interact in areas where the great Venn diagram of our existence intersects. Food for thought. Each of these subjects reminds me how fortunate I am to be here and cause me to reconsider my own responsibility for the part I play in the larger scheme of things.

More to follow, but I just wanted to keep you posted. Right now, there's a howler monkey somewhere outside my window who reminds me that there is much yet to be discovered in this far away place of amazing beauty.

0 comments: