Ads 468x60px

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Let it Begin

Some folks spend much of their lives just waiting for God to do something in their lives. Even professed believers seem to simply tread water, spiritually, without getting around to actually living the life God has for them, even when they seem sure it’s out there. We basically understand who God is. We seem to know what to do. Yet we do nothing, or at least very little. Therefore, our spiritual lives always seem to feel “almost” or “not quite” and we settle for that compromise. But we know He’s out there and that He has something better for us if we were just willing to take that extra step of faith. This is my reminder to all of us that we need to take that fateful step. If you’re one of those people who have been nodding your head as you read these words, right now might just be the time to get started. I wrote this little prayer of revelation and submission recently and you are welcome to claim it as your own. Don’t hold back. That better life with God is just around the corner and it begins with a few simple words: “Lord, let my life begin in earnest today.” Let it begin!

Let it Begin
There was a moment late this morning
It came upon me without warning
When I heard God’s voice and felt His mighty hand
In that moment, in that hour
As He revealed His love and power
I knew we had to draw a line there in the sand
And these are the words that I prayed:
“Lord, let my life begin in earnest today”
There wasn’t smoke, there wasn’t mirrors
There were no witnesses or hearers
But when I opened up my eyes just then I knew
That it was time I started living
The life that God was freely giving
The one I’d waited long enough to get ‘round to
And these are the words that I prayed:
“Lord, let my life begin in earnest today”
I had all the information
And it was just procrastination
Which had kept me from the life I’d been called to
So I pledge my heart and soul now
To follow Jesus daily somehow
To live each moment just as He would have me do
And these are the words that I prayed:
“Lord, let my life begin in earnest today”
By Frank Carpenter ©

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank,
what is the difference between having "faith in God" and accepting JC as my savior?

Maybe none? I don't know...

I am "fearful" that Christians hide behind their religion, hence the compromise that you mention. To be a true follower, one has to leave the church, and that's scary.
Why leave? Because until one does, he/she is accepting someone/thing other than God as the Authority.
So let's put the chicken before the egg (or vice-versa): when does anyone's "spiritual life NOT always seem to feel “almost” or “not quite?”"

Anonymous said...

Frank,

I like your lyrics.
Thank you. Best regards.

Daria
Russia

Anonymous said...

especially your "Untold story".
I agree with each words.