Ads 468x60px

Friday, November 19, 2004

My Protector

It seems like there’s always someone in my life who is sick or hurting or in the hospital. Indeed, if it’s not something, it’ll be something else. This poem goes out to several folks I know who are dealing with serious illness or may even now be in the hospital. I myself, sadly, am no stranger to hospitals and today’s literary offering was written from my own hospital bed three years ago, give or take a week. In fact, Thanksgiving marks the anniversary of some ongoing health problems which I hope are behind me for good. Nonetheless, my compassion for those in such need is all the more poignant due to my own experience. A sick bed can be a very lonely, sometimes even hopeless, place and we must all learn to remember that our God has authority over sickness and death. In this world of darkness, He is a constant light of hope and victory. Please share this poem with anyone whom you think may need just such an encouragement and let us look together towards the One who is our protector in those darkest of hours.

My Protector
Amidst the very depths of darkness
Within the clutches of my fear
The light of hope and comfort
Pierces through the shadows here
To lift my waning spirits
And remind me that my king
Shall never forsake His servant
Whatever trials life may bring
Whatever storms beset me
However the tempests blow
I know my protector is with me
His word has declared it so
By Frank Carpenter ©

1 comments:

Paul said...

God is always faithful. This poem reminds of the psalms where it talks about how God is our shephard and he takes care of us.

God bless,
Mike
http://bloggingteen.blogspot.com/