Ads 468x60px

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Lucky Day


Recently I found a sand dollar while I was snorkeling, which was kind of interesting because it was the first I had ever come across in the water. For fun, I texted a photo of it to my kids with the caption that I was one dollar richer. To that, my daughter replied that it must be my lucky day. And that got me thinking. The fact is that I actually feel lucky almost all the time, but I think that is more of an attitude or a choice that I make. So many folks seem overwhelmed by the issues in their lives. They worry and complain about what they don't have, which often indicates a lack of gratitude for what they do have. I could ramble on about this. Instead I'll just let today's poem speak for itself.

Have a lucky day!

Lucky Day
I found a sand dollar down at the beach
Someone said it was my lucky day
As I reflect comes the pleasant surprise
Just how often I feel that way
Perhaps I was born lucky, or so it feels
For mine could be called a charmed life
I live in a beautiful town by the sea
Blessed with amazing children and wife
I have all the things which matter most
Home, faith, family, work and friends 
Whatever I lack I can live without
So I thank God again and again
For this life I have the good fortune to live
Where so many good things come my way
This morning's reminder just reaffirms
That it's my lucky day ... every day!
                 By Frank Carpenter ©

0 comments: