Ads 468x60px

Sunday, May 27, 2012

River Dawn

I'm out of town for the holiday weekend and when I travel I always seem to rise early in the morning. We are in Sacramento today and I had the pleasure of taking my morning walk along the Sacrameto river. Very beautiful and, at least for me, inspirational. Below are two poems I penned as I walked. My hope and prayer for you this day is that you may seek out the moments of beauty and inspiration along your way, wherever you may go.

River Dawn
The first golden rays of sunlight
Stretch out across the land
To meet me on the levy
And they take me by the hand
As I wander by the river
In the morning's first embrace
Soaking up the tranquil beauty
I've discovered in this place
And the river draws me onward
Meandering its shores
Where countless other dreamers
I daresay have tread before
Serenaded by the morning doves
And other birds unknown to me
My heart drifts down the river
Past the delta to the sea
While shafts of light illuminate
The cottonwood's downy snow
To create a pale aurora
All about me as I go
I could wander here forever
Down this path I've struck upon
Soaking up the peace of morning
Where the river meets the dawn
                              By Frank Carpenter ©

You Meet Me
A Psalm of Morning
Lord, I meet You in the morning
Where the quiet waters flow
Into the very depths of me
And through my weary soul
You turn my heart back towards You
From whence it may have roamed
And fill me with the Spirit
Which has made my heart Its home
You quiet me, You comfort me
You incline my heart to hear
The words of your still small voice
As You whisper in my ear
Lord, You meet me in the morning
Where the quiet waters flow
Into the very depths of me
That I may just be still and know
                          By Frank Carpenter ©

0 comments: