Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentines Day

Yes, it’s Valentines Day once again. Perhaps it seems a silly tradition to some, but this is the day when we are supposed to reaffirm our love to those we care most about. Of course, I’m all about silly traditions so I offer up the following poem in honor of my own dear sweetheart, who has been brave enough to share the last quarter of a century with me. Now for all of you who may be searching for some way to express your own feelings, I welcome you to use my poem if it captures the way you feel about your loved one. If you’re wise, you’ll throw in some other trinket or card which suits the holiday. But something, anything, is better than nothing. Even at 9:00 tonight it won’t be too late to write a little note or grab a flower or plant at the grocery store, or at least make a clumsy last-minute speech. Come on, you can do it. Silly tradition? Maybe. However, once in a while just about everyone needs to know that they are still wanted. Let them know … and you’ll be glad you did.

Again and Again
If I could start over back where I began
And make all my choices anew
I know there are many things I might change
But, choosing again, I'd choose you
If I could retrace the path of my life
Rethinking the things I could do
I might choose a host of new options to try
But still I would try them with you
If I could avoid the mistakes I had made
And the difficult things I went through
Whatever I'd face on a second go around
I would still choose to face it with you
If I could turn back the hands of the clock
To a time I had long bid adieu
The goal of my living that time once again
Would be spending more of it with you
But rather than somehow reliving again
All the years which have now slipped away
I would choose to remember them just as they are
With the memories we share today
No, I wouldn't start over, I would not go back
I have no reason to start anew
When my choice for the future remains so clear
Again and again, I choose you
Frank Carpenter ©

0 comments: